It is a memoir of my life and as a writer, I feel like that should be enough. Whoever wants to read it can read it, and if only one person is healed by my transparency then that is fine with me. However, the businesswoman, and marketing mogul in me says that I have to relate to the book somehow so that others can choose their investment.
My book talks about my relationships, tragedies and circumstances. The book details accounts of experiences that were very hurtful, and provides life lessons for youth to avoid. When I make statements that I am literally, living the ending of this book, it is because I am homeless. I have been for two years. It has been hard, an impoverishing struggle and unfortunately it is not over yet, hence the word in the title “Journey”.
I did not want to share this information with you because it’s a private situation that now has public presence because of the book. The book is not all about homelessness. It is a memoir, but I wanted to make sure that I am the one who told you (for those who know me personally) than for you to find out in a press release or something.
I did not want to tell you because I did not want to be asked about why my family did not help. I did not want to be asked this question because I cannot speak for them, but loving my family is the journey that I am on. You can follow me at my blog: www.ressurrection.wordpress.com if you want to share this journey with me to love.
To many of you, I owe a special apology as you have had these amazing life changing blessings like CD releases, concerts, art exhibits, parties etc… and my daughter and I have not been able to make it. Please know that it has nothing to do with you, I love you. I may have walked around with no money before but I’ve always had a roof over my head and food for my child and I. This is a different kind of suffering. This is not one paycheck away suffering, this is I have nothing suffering and believe me it has been long.
I still don’t have all of the answers but I want to be clear that I love you and appreciate your kindness and friendship. I hope that once I am through this trial and tribulation that the other side will be a beautiful home to invite you in for lunch and tea time!
P.S. I am posting one blog a day in 2011. It is a challenge to which I have accepted. Please support by choosing to subscribe to my blog, click share on facebook, and feel free to leave a comment.
Keep in touch,
- What I’ve Learned This Year II: How business partners teach you are personal relationships (ressurrection.wordpress.com)
- Meeting The Parents: Holidays at Home (ressurrection.wordpress.com)
- Are you going to Thanksgiving dinner with family? (ressurrection.wordpress.com)
- Life is Temporary (ressurrection.wordpress.com)
- If I were a Predator where would I go for Thanksgiving? (ressurrection.wordpress.com)
- Did Tyler Perry pressure the victim from Penn State to testify in his Open Letter? (ressurrection.wordpress.com)
- Beating the Holiday Blues (ressurrection.wordpress.com)
- Are you making LIFE decisions in Fear? (ressurrection.wordpress.com)