Marketing Tips Part Three- Website Content: What message are you sending?
For many people who do not understand branding, there are subtle influences that you can put on your site that convey your heart message to the world. As the owner, whatever is in your heart will come out of you, and pour down on your business like a beautiful but violent waterfall.
Our ideas of professional are different, as are our ideas of what is eye catching. The four types of websites are important only for you to determine where you are in the process of developing the vision for your company that others can see.
Personal websites – in my opinion offer no real benefit unless you are marketing yourself with an online resume or press kit. If you have a business you can avoid a separate website by including a page for the Owner/CEO/President’s Message and Biography.
Educational sites – These websites are designed to educate you on particular issues. They may be themed or be owned and maintained by an organization that is non or for profit. This type of website is not income producing, much like personal websites.
Information sites- The do exactly that, provide information. Much like a personal website but for the company. It serves more as a resume than a sales agent.
Commercial sites – Commercial sites are income producing period. It adds no advantage to you as a business to have access the world and not offer a product or service that one can click a button to become a part of. While some industries are more face to face, and find that they prefer to keep an informational website, you may actually be giving your business away. Again, this window is wide open and your website must reflect your level of business acumen. If you are a $5-$10M company but your website is poorly put together, you will lose larger firms who may desire to do business with you, not because they know you, but because of their first impression with your site.
I am going to share with you five quick tips with DO’s and DO NOT’s when considering a website upgrade.
- DO- Determine your Brand Identity. Who are you? What role do you desire to play in your industry? Leader? Mom and Pop shop? What is your commitment to building relationships and maximizing your income? When you figure out your Brand Identity, you then can move on to executing a Brand that will draw people to you. I am not a brand specialist but I do know some that are worth every penny. Businesses take time to build. We want the millions but simple things like spending money on brand identity and then branding will determine the value of your business and its validity in the marketplace for years to come.
- Direct Marketing Tips in 2012 to Improve Marketing ROI (thewakemanagency.com)
- Using statistics to solve problems on your website will improve performance (marketing.yell.com)
- Affiliate Marketing Tips – Proven Tips And Techniques To Make Money! (leccoworkshop.com)
- Yeremian Associates, a Full-Service Marketing/Advertising/Public Relations Agency, Offers Marketing Tips for Business-to-Business Solutions (prweb.com)
- VisibleU Releases Ten Internet Marketing Optimization Tips for 2010 (prweb.com)
- 11 Top B2B Facebook Marketing Tips (networksolutions.com)
- Tips That You Should Know in Network Marketing (marketingmoaner.com)
- Some basic website design tips for getting leads and sales (marketing.yell.com)
- 7 Tips for Your Next Mini-Marketing Campaign (jtwomarketing.wordpress.com)
- Moblie marketing promotion 2012 (slideshare.net)