Happy World AIDS Day? I guess. I’m not sure what the proper lingo is to address today.
I’m not even sure that I want to write about this subject to be transparent with you. I as many do, find the topic of AIDS uncomfortable.
The truth is, we’ve all (who are not virgin) have slept with at least one person that we have questioned their integrity and their lifestyle- even after the occasion of climax.
He also admits to having unprotected sex with college girlfriends, plural. He will become famous, there will be a media frenzy, and despite the fact that a person with AIDS having sex, without passing it on being morally wrong, transmission is in fact murder.
If any women brave enough to come forward who may have been infected by Brawner, aka “Reds” it is my belief that he should like the title of the film, get 25 to Life!
I teach the Power of Saying NO! This course derived from a teaching Ten Ways to Safeguard your Child from Sexual Abuse.
While this situation is not child sexual abuse, and I do teach the Power of Saying No! to all ages, having sex with women without informing them of your status is rape in my opinion, and transmission is certainly murder. I looked up the definition of rape, and talk a lot about it in my book, Identity Crisis, Identity Christ Is: A Journey to Love. Rape has to do with being stripped naked. In this case, you’re being stripped naked of your choices.
Every person has a right to choose who they lay down with and what status they want when they get up. I have friend coached several people about various conversations that they should morally have with someone before laying down with them. I feel the same about Herpes, and other immune related viruses.
Just as I believe that if you’re considering a relationship and you have any kind of disease, you should be open about it, and give the other party the choice, the opportunity, and The Power to Say NO!
Here is the link for more information:
- Howard University’s Muted Response to Revelations that H.I.V. Positive Student Had Unprotected Sex (yourblackpolitics.wordpress.com)
- Let’s Talk About Sex. HIV/AIDS to be Specific. (almost30something.com)
- ALERT: Howard University Man with AIDS known as, “Reds” films documentary about having unprotected sex. (ressurrection.wordpress.com)
- Documentary: ’25 to Life’, Howard University Alum William Brawner Opens Up About His HIV and Why He Chose to Come Clean (dreblacksofresh.com)
- 25 To Life: In New Film, Man With AIDS Confesses Unprotected Past (transmediawomen.wordpress.com)