As you may know, my birthday is December 31st. In honor of the number thirty one, I have decided to do a gift wish list countdown.
I wanted to write a fun blog today, so I elected to think about what things would be meaningful to me at this point in my life.
I think it is a great exercise for you to make a list of the things you would want and then come back as years go one to see whether your gifts have changed, grown, become more serious, fun, intellectual, and so on.
In this case, you gift wish list could show who and where you are in your life.
So, I’m going to put some things on this list that I have been wanting for years- and maybe a few new things to spice it up a bit.
Of course, I don’t think that I’m going to get these gifts but it is still fun to write the list, and wish.
1. Cornel West books
2. Paid Speaking Engagements at Churches, Corporations, School systems, PTA meetings, and Sports Team Parent meetings, about Child Sexual Abuse Prevention
3.Philosophy, Psychology, Anthropology and Sociology books from Cambridge University Bookstore
4. African American Literature and Theology Books from Howard University’s Bookstore
5. Autobiography of Steve Jobs
6. A New Laptop
7. An Oil Change
8. To sell 1,000 copies of my book, this month. (I have some to sell-or get it from http://www.identitycrisisbook.com or Amazon)
9. To receive a gift certificate for a pottery (spin the wheel) class for two.
10. Yosemite National Park Trip
11. Tuition to go study in Thailand (massage therapy)
12. Tuition for deeper medical massage training in the states
13. I REALLY want to go to a Kari Jobe, Jason Upton, or Christian Concert. It would be dope to go an see one IN Africa!
Wow, trying to think of what I really want is harder than I thought. A lot of my prayers like Health, Wealth and Love for me and my family, I am not listing here because man can not offer them as gifts to me.
14. To get Married.
15. A beautiful engagement ring.
16. Money- who doesn’t appreciate a knot of cash? Even a $1 bill found on the street gives people a sense of good fortune!
17. A Pedicure
Okay, I’m not going to force it! I can’t seem to think of anything else right now. Seventeen means spiritual order! So maybe there’s something divine about leaving my wish list here.
I’m really looking for 2012 to take me into a different of beauty, a life to be fashioned by. A life deeper in worship and truth, and to be used for God’s glory. I’m looking forward to a more rich blessing of having a family- a man who loves me unconditionally- and an amazing daughter who makes me so proud to be a parent.
I’m looking forward to 2012! That statement is enough to give thanks for. My dark days weren’t a beautiful romantic moonlit night by the reflecting pool. Now that light has come, I’m pacing myself through the changes to see so that I’m poised and composed for the blessings that come.