Here is a copy of an impromptu video that was recorded to introduce me as a workshop facilitator for Teen Dating Relationships: Violence and Emotional Wellness.
I have had the absolute pleasure of working with a high school afterschool group of young women who seem to love with I am the guest speaker, and I laugh harder than ever when I am in their presence.
I enjoy teaching about healthy relationships because I can completely relate. When I was about 13 and broke off the relationship with my first love, he shot himself. I understand the thoughts, and pressures surrounding relationships among teenagers, and many of the relationships are much more serious that they should be during that period in their lives.
Teenagers are thinking of dropping their future to be with this one person forever, while often times this thinking can be considered unhealthy. I love to delve into what emotional abuse is, how to build self-confidence and to become more future centered in your thinking.
It is amazing when you find true love in high school but often very difficult. I focus on teaching self love and how to fill some of the voids that we can feel as a result of a parental loss or absence, foster care, child sexual abuse or other issues that can be a painful caption in our lives.
PLEASE NOTE: The name of the workshop has changed.
During Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month, bring me in to your school, ampitheatre, auditorium, or individual classrooms. Let’s play a few games, have some serious conversation and empower youth to with confidence choose how they will balance healthy relationships, their education, and extracurricular activities.
Feel free to share this blog with friends with the buttons below.
- Dating Violence Common Among Teens (education.com)
- Sexual Coercion and Teen Dating Violence (preventviolence.wordpress.com)
- February is National Teen Dating Violence Awareness and Prevention Month (marissavelarde.wordpress.com)
- Sample Proclamation for Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month (preventviolence.wordpress.com)
- Hazelden Publishing and Break the Cycle Join Forces to Create New Teen Dating Violence Prevention Program (prweb.com)
- NIJ study: Positive Findings for Reducing Teen Dating Violence/Harassment (prweb.com)
- Newhouse 4 Teens Announces Teen Dating Violence Prevention Resource (prweb.com)
- How to Protect Your Child from Teen Dating Violence (jenniferalley.wordpress.com)
- White Ribbon Tip of Week (thepaolite.wordpress.com)
- 4th Annual Violence-Free Teens Conference (preventviolence.wordpress.com)