I’m sure everyone has experienced it. It’s nothing that anyone likes and at this current moment I’m feeling a bit alone but in a way I’m kind of glad because I feel one with myself. This is the first period of time I don’t talk to any guys. I am focused on maintaining great grades, doing art, and preparing for summer league softball. I feel great not just the word great but literally I feel like I AM GREAT, as in mighty. It’s hard coming to this position especially if you don’t have anyone to help u get here. It takes time a patience. I never saw this in my near future but I am here and this is what I asked for. This past week I got an injury with my knee and my mom pulled me out of school for an entire week to allow it to heal. So it’s better with still some recurring pains but nothing a little ibuprofen can’t handle.
Surrounding yourself with people of purpose and people that think positive also can help. Mind you I’m not promoting self loneliness what I’m saying is feeling alone can come with stepping into who you are truly called to be. When you’re in that situation you need to be prepared for feelings that make you want to:
- Go back to a recent ex.
- Began drinking or smoking
- Try to mend broken or closed friendships
- Even lose yourself again
These are just some common things that may cause you to “relapse” into the “old you.” But know that you have a purpose and a calling and just because you’re feeling alone at one point in your life doesn’t mean the world is coming to an end.
- Taking yourself on a date pampering your self
- Going to that social networking event and meeting new people
- Visiting family and friends
- Consulting someone about your feeling (Only if you’re comfortable)
This list above are some examples of things you can do if you’re feeling alone in fact I have tried one or two so I know they’re helpful, and remember feeling alone is just a feeling it is not something that defines your life so don’t let it. Think positive believe in yourself, you’ll make it!
Written By: Dae’Jah Cymone, Teen Contributor
SUBSCRIBE —> www.ressurrection.wordpress.com
- Teen Blog Contributor: Words of Wisdom from a Teenage Perspective (ressurrection.wordpress.com)
- Slurpees, Bait, Wifey and Other Names that Boys call Girls! (ressurrection.wordpress.com)
- I Call Him Daddy Poem (ressurrection.wordpress.com)