This year we will focus on our Heal Me With Words™ campaign to offer healing to adults who have been sexually abused. Here is what we know:
- 97% of homeless mothers have been sexually abused and/or raped
- 80% of patients who have been diagnosed with some form of mental illness have been sexually abused
- 75% of prostitutes have been sexually abused
- 80% of alcohol/narcotics abusers have been sexually abused
- 20-30% of foster care children will be sexually abused before the age of 18
- It costs $124 billion over the life span of the collective victims of child sexual abuse for all the care that must be provided for the above problems.
We also know that:
- People don’t wake up and become prostitutes. They were often sexually abused, left home and was recruited and/or forced into child/human trafficking.
- Rapists can be rehabilitated
- There is no “cure” for Pedophilia
- Many pedophiles hide under the guise of ministry
- There is no discrimination with this problem. It is in every facet of life where the predator can find children. It’s not a race, or religion issue.
You May Also Like: How a pastor can handle sexual abuse in church
In honor of National Child Abuse Month we have elected to focus on healing. Heal Me With Words™ offers the entire community to become involved. As a recap we want to share a few of the stories from last year here:
- Catherine Portillo who was told by her stepfather that it was normal to be abused
- Marko Hamlin was sexually abused by a babysitter and in foster care
- Victoria Pendragon who parents were aware that her grandfather sold her to his friends
- Jan Williams who was impregnated by her brothers
Here are five articles that might interest you:
- The Bible and Child Sexual Abuse
- Lil Wayne and Emmitt Till on Sex With A Grudge
- Adoptive Mom Exploits Child in Photo Shoot
- Amazon Rape t-shirts and Pedophile literature
- A Transgendered four year old
We have created a petition on change.org and with enough momentum during April we can begin to attract media coverage and further support for our mission to Make Child Sexual Abuse Grooming A Felony. Below are two article that I believe explain it all:
- Why Child Sexual Abuse Grooming Must Become A Felony
- Why Ressurrection Introduces Child Sexual Abuse Grooming as a Crime
Please be sure to click HERE to join us for April 2013. We can’t do this without you! Thank you in advance for your support and your consistency in not only making people take action but requiring mobility in our attitudes, movements and healing.
Ressurrection Graves is an advocate against child sexual abuse and homelessness in the Nation’s Capital spanning the world. Her blog is read in 188 countries, and she offers counseling and support to those who are healing from child sexual abuse. For more information please call 202.717.7377 or email ressurrection dot wordpress at yahoo dot com