News reports state that Tiki Barber who, was married for 11 years, and left his pregnant wife for his new fiance‘ is jobless. He is Unemployed and feeling the angst of not knowing what the future holds.
Many people who have a career end or transition can feel situational depression as a result of such unexpected disappointment.
Now that he has no future career in the NFL, and he has completely changed his own world by giving up his family for a young news reporter, I guess you could say that either the cup is half empty or the cup is half full. Only time will tell and only Tiki will know.
I pray that he keeps his mind strong and is willing to unveil himself, to himself during this time. He owes me and no one else explanation or understanding. But I know what it feels like to have everything that you know about life to completely change.
Unfortunately when this happens, life doesn’t say, “I’ll wait for you. Take your time catching up.” Life has a way of happening, with or without notice and somehow we have to be spiritually, mentally and emotionally prepared for the new course and direction.
Maybe his new fiance’ will be a rock for him. Maybe she’ll roll. Either way I’ve learned that in times of difficulty, life will see what you’re made of. I wonder if Tiki will show that he’s a GIANT.
- Tiki Barber and Traci Lynn Johnson Planning May Wedding, Pending Barber Divorce (socyberty.com)
- Tiki Barber decries “collapse” of the Giants (profootballtalk.nbcsports.com)
- Plaxico thinks NFL teams are “crazy” not to sign Tiki (profootballtalk.nbcsports.com)
- Tiki Barber: Once-Heralded Giants Star Becoming a Villain in New York (bleacherreport.com)
- Gotham Gossipist: Tiki Barber Says He Can’t Afford Divorce Settlement (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Tiki Barber’s Marriage To The 24-Year-Old Intern He Left His Pregnant Wife For Has Been Postponed (businessinsider.com)
- Fantasy Football Week 7: Are Terrell Owens, Tiki Barber Worth Adding? (bleacherreport.com)
- Ahmad Bradshaw Injury: Will Tiki Barber Be Giants’ Savior with Bradshaw Hurt? (bleacherreport.com)
- Tiki Barber: Money Woes Real Reason He Wanted NFL Comeback (bleacherreport.com)